28 Sep Pallet Rack Installation: DIY or Professional Pallet Rack Installer?
We know what it means to be working under a budget and a tight schedule. We also know that those two factors could motivate you to consider installing your pallet rack systems yourself, instead of using a professional pallet rack installer. Depending on the size and scope of your pallet rack installation, this could be a decent option. But you should absolutely be aware of the additional considerations for pallet rack installation.
In this article, we’d like to share with you six reasons why you should use a professional pallet rack installer for this critical task.
Top Reasons to Work with a Pallet Rack Installer
- Expertise. Professional installers have the necessary experience to remove any existing racking and install new racking quickly and efficiently. If you are looking to get the job done seamlessly, hiring pros is your best bet.
- Compliance. Professional pallet rack installers are familiar with local building codes and regulations. Without this knowledge, you can waste time and money if you fail a building inspection.
- Safety. Improperly installed racks can cause damage to your inventory and pose a severe risk to your employees. Professional installers will ensure that your racking systems are set up with safety and security in mind.
- Litigation. If you install your racks yourself, you can open yourself up to litigation if something goes wrong. A court case could be costly in terms of money and in terms of damaging your hard-earned reputation with your employees and your customers.
- Quality. A professional installation team uses the latest equipment and safety features and will get your warehouse up and running in the shortest time possible.
- Warranty. Most racking systems come with a warranty and a promise of performance and integrity. However, proper installation and anchoring by experienced professional installers is often a condition of these agreements. In other words, if you and your employees install the racks, your warranty can be null and void.
The Cost of Improper Pallet Rack Installation
Even the best racking system can fail if not installed correctly. When you’ve purchased high-quality racking, why would you want to run that risk? Some pallet rack systems are designed to handle 5,000 pounds per level and reach 12 feet or more. You could lose thousands of dollars of inventory, and, worse yet, you could be putting your employees in serious jeopardy.
Also, you should keep in mind that an improperly installed rack can damage everything else around it, including your forklifts, conveyor system, elevated platforms, and modular offices.
When you hire professional pallet rack installers, you’ll be doing your part to provide a safe workplace. Allowing the people who have the knowledge, experience, and equipment to install your pallet racking will end up being a wise investment in the future of your business.
If you have questions about pallet racking or professional rack installation, please give us a call today at Speedrack West.