Pallet Rack Wire Decking, or Wire Mesh Deck, provides a safe surface to support pallets. Wire decking increases the safety and versatility of your pallet rack system by allowing you to store more than just standard pallets. Bins, boxes, and other products are commonly stored on wire decking.
- Waterfall style rests on top of the beams
- 2″ x 4″ grid pattern
- Powder coated gray for highly durable finish
- 3 U-channel supports designed for standard 1 5/8″ step beams
- Wire thickness: 14 ga
- Capacity: 2500 lbs (uniform distributed load)
What Size of Pallet Rack Wire Decking Do I Need?
Depth: The depth of the wire decking must match the depth of the pallet rack frames. Common depths are 36″, 42″, 44″ and 48″.
Width: The width of the wire decking depends on the length of the beams.
- 46″ Width: Used with 4 ft, 8 ft, and 12 ft beams (most common)
- 52″ Width: Used with 9 ft beams
- 58″ Width: Used with 10ft beams
If you are looking to purchase a new pallet racking system, use our handy pallet rack builder on our pallet racks and racking systems page.
How Many Wire Mesh Decks Do I Need?
The number of wire decks needed depends on the length of your beams.
- 8ft, 9ft or 10ft beams: 2 decks per beam level
- 12ft beams: 3 decks per beam level
Here’s one quick way to think of this: For 8-10ft beams, you need the same number of decks as you have beams. For 12ft beams, you need 1.5 times as many decks as you have beams.
Wire Decking Quantities
96″ beams = order (2) 46″ wide decks per level
108″ beams = order (2) 52″ wide decks per level
120″ beams = order (2) 58″ wide decks per level
144″ beams = order (3) 46″ wide decks per level